RARA-AVIS: Re: Rockford

From: writerrickhelms@aol.com
Date: 03 Aug 2009

    Jim Doherty wrote:

    "HereĀ“s a wild rethinking of Rockford, but I think it would be fun:

    Dennis Haysbert.

    Michael Jeter"

    Michael Jeter would be a fascinating choice, since he's dead... <g>

    Dennis Haysbert is a fine actor, and I've like him in just about everything he's done-- even those Allstate commercials. I'm not sure he has that wry, world-weary, ironic feel that Garner projected for the role, though.

    And, as for the suggestion that they might try to get Mel Gibson to come down to the small screen to play Rockford, you can go back to an earlier suggestion of Jason Mara (of LIFE ON MARS) who might as well be Gibson, only younger.

    Richard Helms SIX MILE CREEK, March 2010, Five Star Mysteries www.richardhelms.net