Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Rockford

From: Michael Jeter (michael.damian.jeter@gmail.com)
Date: 03 Aug 2009

    Itīs been a while since anyone has made this confusion.

    My name is Michael Jeter and I am an English Comp grad student in New Orleans.

    I did play Nicely Nicely Johnson in a high school production of Guys and Dolls, a role for which the great actor Michael Jeter won a Tony, I believe.

    I am not he; reports of MY death have been greatly exaggerated.

    Reports of his death are all too real.

    My proposal was Haysbert..

    Michael Damian Jeter, New Orleans

    On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:39 AM, <writerrickhelms@aol.com> wrote:

    > Jim Doherty wrote:
    >
    > "Hereīs a wild rethinking of Rockford, but I think it would be fun:
    >
    > Dennis Haysbert.
    >
    > Michael Jeter"
    >
    > Michael Jeter would be a fascinating choice, since he's dead... <g>
    >
    > Dennis Haysbert is a fine actor, and I've like him in just about everything
    > he's done-- even those Allstate commercials. I'm not sure he has that wry,
    > world-weary, ironic feel that Garner projected for the role, though.
    >
    > And, as for the suggestion that they might try to get Mel Gibson to come
    > down to the small screen to play Rockford, you can go back to an earlier
    > suggestion of Jason Mara (of LIFE ON MARS) who might as well be Gibson, only
    > younger.
    >
    > Richard Helms
    > SIX MILE CREEK, March 2010, Five Star Mysteries
    > www.richardhelms.net

    Michael Damian Jeter
    New Orleans, LA
    Literacy, Music, and Democracy