RARA-AVIS: Re: greatest noir or detective protags

From: Vince Emery (vince@emery.com)
Date: 03 Aug 2009

    Don't know about "greatest," but naming my favorite recurring noir or detective protags is as easy as 1, 2, 3:

    1) The Continental Op 2) Daniel Kearney Associates (the whole firm; if I have to pick one person from the group, Patrick Michael "O.B." O'Bannon) 3) Perry Mason (a guilty pleasure)

    My fellow DKA fans will grin to hear that Joe Gores is writing a new DKA novel, about the steal-to-order car theft business.

    Vince Emery

    Vince Emery Productions Publisher:
    - THE DASHIELL HAMMETT TOUR by Don Herron
    - DISCOVERING THE MALTESE FALCON AND
      SAM SPADE edited by Richard Layman
    - HAMMETT'S MORAL VISION
      by George J. "Rhino" Thompson