Re : RARA-AVIS: The best noirs of the 2000's

From: E. Borgers (webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 11 Nov 2009

    I think it is necessary to include David Peace in that list: one of the best noir author of the décade. And not a follower of Ellroy as some just reduced him. Far from it. His Yokshire cycle is one of the best noir saga conceived, ever. And the rest of his works is way above the current noir production of these last years; even his book on a UKsoccer coach is something of first value (ans I hate soccer...), bleak, haunting and feverish. His present afterwar Japan trilogy is also something you cannot miss if you like noir and writing of high quality.

    E.Borgers Polar  Noir http://polarnoir.net16.net/

          Anyone remember this? I was writing an article for a Finnish magazine about the

    new noir renaissance and asked on this list suggestions for the best noir books

    that was published after 2000. Here's the list:

    Richard Aleas: Little Girl Lost

    Brian Azzarello: 100 Bullets (graphic novel)

    Ray Banks: The Big Blind

    Lawrence Block: Enough Rope

    <!