RARA-AVIS: Burke

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 11 Nov 2009

    Oops, I didn't notice Declan Burke's HIGH BALL BOOGIE in the list I sent to the group.

    It would be interesting to see what books would make the list now, with Dave Z.'s run of excellent books (just started PARIAH last night and loving it), with Megan Abbott stepping on the scene, with Sean Chercover's two novels, and so on. (It seems that we are actually getting too many good-to-excellent noir novels, since it's no more easy to make the same buzz that surrounded, say, THE WHEELMAN or the advent of Hard Case Crime.)

    Juri