RARA-AVIS: Re: JIM THOMPSON

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "davezeltserman" <Dave.Zeltserman@...> wrote:

    > My favorites are: Savage Night, Hell of a Woman, Swell-Looking Babe, The Getaway, After Dark, My Sweet, (Pop. 1280, Killer Inside Me), The Grifters, Heed the Thunder, Now and On Earth

    One that I revisited recently and greatly enjoyed is _The Kill-Off_. Another favorite, not mentioned so far, is _Bad Boy_. I believe _The Kill-Off_ was made into a movie, but I have not seen it. Its characters are sharply drawn, their souls bared. The picture is not pretty, but on the whole, it feels realistic.

    Best,

    mrt