Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: JIM THOMPSON

From: Ed Lynskey (e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2009

    I read THE KILL-OFF recently and concur. Lots of original scenes and characters.

    Ed Lynskey

    ----- Original Message ---- From: jacquesdebierue <jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, November 6, 2009 2:51:43 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: JIM THOMPSON

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "davezeltserman" <Dave.Zeltserman@...> wrote:

    > My favorites are: Savage Night, Hell of a Woman, Swell-Looking Babe, The Getaway, After Dark, My Sweet, (Pop. 1280, Killer Inside Me), The Grifters, Heed the Thunder, Now and On Earth

    One that I revisited recently and greatly enjoyed is _The Kill-Off_. Another favorite,  not mentioned so far, is _Bad Boy_. I believe _The Kill-Off_ was made into a movie, but I have not seen it. Its characters are sharply drawn, their souls bared. The picture is not pretty, but on the whole, it feels realistic.

    Best,

    mrt