Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 02 Oct 2009

    > Speaking of guys who owe parts of their careers to Sam Raimi, why not Bill
    > Campbell for McGee?
    >
    > Bill Paxton, too, for that matter (it's not as if he'd hold out for too much
    > money with the way his career's been going!).

    Another thing to think about here is that probably the only reason this film is even being considered as a possibility to be made IS because Leo is interested in doing the part... it probably would never be "green-lighted" if Paxton or Campbell or any of the many other more appropriate actors were to do the role

    usually it takes a "name" to get these things done and not "Paxton" even if he would be far better than Leo

    (still I think Leo will surprise you doubters if this does get done)

     even DiCaprio's attachment alone wouldn't be enough to get the picture greenlit.? the truth is, the best chance for a McGee film to get made in today's movie market is if somebody launched a Travis McGee action figure.? hey, I'd buy one.? you could float The Busted Flush in your pool.? get a little Meyer for him to hang with.? and collect all the females too, just like Travis does

    John Lau

    ?"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - M. Pawlak

    -----Original Message----- From: forgprod <frogprod@rcn.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, Oct 2, 2009 4:07 am Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee