RARA-AVIS: Re: Leonardo DiCaprio IS Travis McGee

From: forgprod (frogprod@rcn.com)
Date: 02 Oct 2009

    > Speaking of guys who owe parts of their careers to Sam Raimi, why not Bill
    > Campbell for McGee?
    >
    > Bill Paxton, too, for that matter (it's not as if he'd hold out for too much
    > money with the way his career's been going!).

    Another thing to think about here is that probably the only reason this film is even being considered as a possibility to be made IS because Leo is interested in doing the part... it probably would never be "green-lighted" if Paxton or Campbell or any of the many other more appropriate actors were to do the role

    usually it takes a "name" to get these things done and not "Paxton" even if he would be far better than Leo

    (still I think Leo will surprise you doubters if this does get done)