Re: RARA-AVIS: Peter Rabe

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Sep 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Vorzimmer <jvorzimmer@...> wrote:

    > Mario,
    >
    > Coincidentally I also just picked up The Spy Who Was Three Feet Tall,
    > but it was Hard Case Crime's recent reprinting of Stop This Man! that
    > got me back on Rabe like a bad habit. It's not great, but not a bad
    > first book. About half way through it almost seems as if he's
    > starting another novel--a story within a story. Now that I'm 3/4 of
    > the way through, I'm wondering how he's going to tie it all together.
    > But I am enjoying it.
    >
    > I realized that between HHC, Black Lizard and Stark House all of
    > Rabe's first 10 novels have been reprinted and 15 of his first 19
    > novels, as well, so there are a lot of used copies of Rabe's books
    > around. With that many books still around it's hard to call him semi-
    > forgotten.

    Thanks for pointing that out. I have seen only a few reprints at stores. I'm glad that Hard Case Crime has reprinted something by Rabe. Stop This Man! is a good one. I have the original, next in line to be reread.

    I figure I could get rid of everything but old Gold Medals and have a great literary time for a long time. It's a positive thought.

    mrt