Re: RARA-AVIS: John Harvey and British police procedurals

From: kerkhoc (Claus_Kerkhoff@web.de)
Date: 17 Sep 2008

    Dear Mark:

    > I've never even heard of these, and they don't seem to be on Kevin's
    > site. Did he write them under another name?

    Although John Harvey writes under a slew of pen names his series with Scott Mitchell, a private eye in England, was published as John Harvey: Amphetamines and Pearls (1976) The Geranium Kiss (1976) Junkyard Angel (1977) Neon Madmen (1977) I did not read any of them but they were inspired by the american P.I.

    As said John Harvey is best known for his richly praised sequence of ten Nottingham-based Charlie Resnick novels. However, I also highly recommend his three novels with Frank Elder, an ex-cop from Nottingham.

    Claus