Re: RARA-AVIS: Rare Books Continued - Behold This Woman

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Sep 2008

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Guthrie" <allan@...> wrote:

    > Interesting to hear such a positive response, Jeff. I had the opposite
    > reaction.

    I did, too. I couldn't believe in the story. I had the same problem, but worse, with The Burglar. Not all of Goodis is all that goodie. If the plot is shitty and the details are sloppy, you need sheer writing genius to get you out of the whole. Or the stuff needs to be sufficiently funny that it passes the Bellem test. Then it can be considered classic bad.

    I don't mean to knock Goodies. When he was good, never mind.

    Best

    mrt