Re: RARA-AVIS: John Harvey and British police procedurals

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 16 Sep 2008

    John wrote:

    "Long before the Resnick books, back in the '70s, Harvey wrote a series of London-set PI novels which he disowns these days, but I remember quite enjoying the one I read - any one else read them?"

    I've never even heard of these, and they don't seem to be on Kevin's site. Did he write them under another name? I can think of very few London PIs: Mark Timlin's Nick Sharman and John Milne's Jimmy Jenner, that's about it. I wonder why that is. Different tradition? Lone wolf not as much a Brit thing?

    Mark