RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard (was: Re: LABRAVA)

From: crimeflix (jmks100@aol.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2008

    If I were making a list of my favorite crime writers, Leonard would be in my top three. I've read just about all of his books and off the top of my head my favs are STICK, GET SHORTY, CITY PRIMEVAL: HIGH NOON IN DETROIT, and I might be in the minority but I loved PRONTO and Harry Arno (there's a second Arno book I loved too). Re getting into his style, I had the same experience years ago, but then I got hooked. In this sense, I think reading Leonard for the first time is similar to reading Bruen for the first time. Jason S