RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled Mystery Reprint By Steve Fisher

From: stahlmaske (stahlmaske@att.net)
Date: 21 Jul 2008

    Age of Aces has released our latest book, Murder of the Admiral/Murder of the Pigboat Skipper: Age of Aces Double by Steve Fisher (ISBN# 0979409284). Like all Age of Aces books it is available from Amazon.com: http://dwarfurl.com/61a92 As chief detective for U.S. Naval Intelligence, Lieutenant Commander Sheridan Doome's job was a grim one. Whenever an extraordinary mystery or crime occurred in the fleet, on a naval base, or anywhere the navy worked to protect American interests, Doome was immediately dispatched to investigate it. Doome's arrival in his special black airplane was always preceded by fear and dread. For, in an explosion during WWI, he had been monstrously disfigured. Much of his skin had been burned away, leaving his head and face an expressionless bone-white lump of scar tissue. But behind the ugliness was a brilliant mind. Once he was assigned to a case, Doome always got his man. In the mid-1930's, before Sheridan Doome became a staple in the pages of The Shadow magazine, two Doome hardcover mysteries were written by acclaimed hard-boiled author Steve Fisher (I Wake Up Screaming, No House Limit) and edited by his wife Edythe Seims (Dare-Devil Aces, Dime Detective). Age of Aces now brings you both books in one huge double novel, presented in a retro "flip book" style. Check out our web site for more great pulp fiction: http://ageofaces.home.att.net