Re: RARA-AVIS: Elmore Leonard (was: Re: LABRAVA)

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 20 Jul 2008

    In a message dated 7/20/08 12:59:57 PM, IndieCrime@gmail.com writes:

    > You're not the only one. I've tried to read four or five of Leonard's
    > books and never finished. The only one I remember finishing was Cuba
    > Libre. The last one I tried to read was Pagan Babies. I got about
    > three chapters in and returned it to the library. I just had no
    > interest in it. I haven't picked up anything since then. Curiously, I
    > have enjoyed the movies Jackie Brown and Out of Sight, though. Maybe
    > he's more of a script writer than a novelist.

    you've probably tried to read his later works. I've had trouble getting involved in anything he wrote after Get Shorty. his earlier stuff is terrific and much tighter from a plotting standpoint. my favorites are SWAG and STICK, featuring the same main character. CITY PRIMEVAL and 52 PICK UP are also outstanding

    John Lau

    ************** Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.