Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent finds on opposite sides of the continent

From: Mark R. Harris ( brokerharris@gmail.com)
Date: 12 Apr 2008

Was there a specific point at which the Spenser novels became less interesting? I liked the early ones too, which I discovered when I was studying detective fiction as an academic subject (Yale, 1976-1980, American Studies major). Checking my reading records, I see that I stayed faithful through the 11th title, Valediction, then I drifted but I don't exactly remember why. I do remember really liking #6 and #7, Looking for Rachel Wallace and Early Autumn -- #8 through #11 have gone foggy in memory.

Mark

--
Mark R. Harris
2122 W. Russet Court #8