RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent finds on opposite sides of the continent

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Apr 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith <kvnsmith@...> wrote:

> And let's face it, there may be better or more popular authors out
> there, but nobody has influenced the P.I. genre -- for better or worse
> -- more in the last few decades -- for better or worse -- than Parker.

You really think he's that influential? I know he sells a lot of books, and there was a successful television series, but I rarely find anybody who confesses to being a fan. Maybe I am not talking to the right people. I do see lots of copies of his books, so somebody's reading him.

What is the attraction in the Spenser series, in your opinion? I mean, sociologically, who does it a appeal to?

Best,

mrt