RARA-AVIS: Re: Recent finds on opposite sides of the continent

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 12 Apr 2008

I think Kevin's probably refering more to the impact the Spenser series might've had on other PI works--more tough PIs showing their sensitive side, for example, or having Hawk-type sidekicks. Personally I'd have to think Lawrence Block's Matt Scudder has had the most influence on the genre--causing a small flood of PIs who are recovering alcoholics/drug abusers. Of course, this might be hitting Kevin and myself more because of the submissions we've both probably have gotten over the years for our respective web-zines.

--Dave Z.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "jacquesdebierue"
<jacquesdebierue@...> wrote:

> --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith <kvnsmith@>
> wrote:
>
> > And let's face it, there may be better or more popular authors
out
> > there, but nobody has influenced the P.I. genre -- for better or
worse
> > -- more in the last few decades -- for better or worse -- than
Parker.