RARA-AVIS: Re: Dick Powell

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Mar 2008

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Crider" <macavityabc@...> wrote:

> While I was worrying about whether I was a real guy today, I thought
of Dick
> Powell's version of Richard Diamond on radio. A singing p.i. I
suppose he
> didn't dance only because it was radio. Too bad he didn't do the TV
show.

Well, you gotta admit that many of these classic PIs are begging to be parodied. A musical parody is not out of the question. They've done it with westerns...

"Dancing shiv to shiv" is a good title, and I offer it for free.

by Irving "Buzz" Meeks:

Heaven... I'm in heaven, And my roscoe roars so loud that I can hardly speak. And I seem to find the happiness I seek, When we're out together dancing shiv to shiv.

Now all you've got to do is write it. OK, make it Spenser and Hawk and be done with it.

Best,

mrt