Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Harry Bosch thru other's eyes

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 25 Mar 2008

In a message dated 3/25/08 4:36:58 PM, michaelconnelly187@yahoo.com writes:

> The series is
> all about light and shadow and tunnels and lost light and so on and so
> forth. It's built so
> that Harry's journal is through a tunnel toward the light. So I am hoping
> that there is
> something good waiting for him at the end. I wish his daughter would hurry
> up and grow
> up so maybe I could have her carry the torch with him as her mentor.

it's a dark series, as befits a realistic one about a guy who solves murders.
  but you've never demonstrated a propensity to end a book on a note of utter hopelessness and despair. the opposite in fact, as you say, a journey thru the tunnel toward the light. I'm pretty certain that however Harry winds up, it will be in a place that is both satisfying for him as well as your readers

2012 will be here before you know it

you obviously have quite a lot left in the tank. are you considering starting another series? Mickey Haller seems like a character that you could sustain, and visa versa for a pretty good run. with the occasional appearance by you know who

John Lau

************** Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.

( http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)