Re: RARA-AVIS: The Black Echo

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 12 Mar 2008

In a message dated 3/12/08 3:28:16 PM, jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com writes:

> I reread this one avidly, as is usually the case with Connelly's work.
> It had been many years and I found it just as remarkable. I would say
> that this debut novel remains one of his best books. All the Connelly
> virtues are there: an intricate plot, a deft control of pace that
> doesn't let the reader drift for a millisecond, realistic characters,
> a certain distance in the telling, interesting use of locale, and a
> rollercoaster last act. This one is likely to become a classic of
> crime fiction.

following that Edgar winning debut up with THE BLACK ICE was every bit as impressive a one-two punch as The Postman Always Rings Twice and Double Indemnity

history I believe, will reflect favorably on the author's body of work

John Lau

************** It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money
& Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)