RARA-AVIS: The Black Echo

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2008

I reread this one avidly, as is usually the case with Connelly's work. It had been many years and I found it just as remarkable. I would say that this debut novel remains one of his best books. All the Connelly virtues are there: an intricate plot, a deft control of pace that doesn't let the reader drift for a millisecond, realistic characters, a certain distance in the telling, interesting use of locale, and a rollercoaster last act. This one is likely to become a classic of crime fiction.

Best,

mrt