RARA-AVIS: Re: The Law...

From: blumenidiot ( blumenidiot@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Mar 2008

--- jacquesdebierue@...> wrote:

> Yes, and it has even spawned a whole subgenre that sells exceedingly
> well: legal thrillers.
>
> Best,

Conneley's sole try at this subgenre THE LINCOLN LAWYER, seems more hardboiled than the others I've read. My son's SO, who also is a lawyer, loved it, and didn't find any legal errors.

This is OT, but this reminds me that years ago my wife and I took her father, who had been a lawyer for many years, to see the Paul Newman movie, The Verdict. At one point something happened on the screen, and my father in law stood up and loudly said, "You can't do that!" Mark