Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: 77 Sunset Strip

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2008

> Interestingly, in that 90-minute debut episode, Byrnes
> played a jive-talking, incessantly hair-combing,
> psychopathic hit man, referred to in the script as
> only "the Kook." In previews, reaction to that
> character was so positive that the producers to
> decided to create a similar, good-guy character around
> the same actor.

Yeah, I always thought it was strange that they never tried to explain Kookie being a parking lot attendant after being sent away for murder in the pilot. They could have done a whole episode around Stu Bailey working out a deal to get Kookie out on parole and into his custody and then getting him the job at Dino's parking cars.

Jeff