Re: RARA-AVIS: DAN MARLOWE and BLACK LIZARD

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 08 Feb 2008

Steve wrote:

"It certainly sounds as though the rewrite wasn't all that extensive, not nearly as much as I'd been led to believe. But that same someone else I mentioned above says there were some subtle but major changes in the Earl Drake character. I've asked for permission to quote him, and assuming that I do, I'll post what he told me in full."

I can't answer that. I'd be interested in your correspondent's observations.

I read the later one, which I found first. I picked up the first edition when I saw it, but have never read the whole thing, although I do intend to at some point. However, I did compare the beginning and end and posted them here.

Mark