RARA-AVIS: Waltz Into Darkness

From: Arnold Lister ( wootwoot64@gmail.com)
Date: 08 Feb 2008

I read it just recently..and, yeah, compared to most other Woolrich it's pretty dull. In his short stories--and also in *I Married a Dead Man, *I'm not sure about his other novels--a lot more happens than happens in *Waltz Into Darkness.* In fact, I wonder if his publisher told him to tone down the darkness and death for once, as *Waltz* is more or less what you get when you take the terror away from Woolrich.