RARA-AVIS: Re: Chandler's The Lady in the Lake

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Nov 2007

Brian,

Re your comment below:

"And for what it's worth, I still didn't like the film. Unlike you though, I'm willing to allow that there's room for other opinions on this."

As with so much you're wrong about this.

I'm always willing to allow that there's room for other opinions besides mine.

I'm just never willing to allow that divergent opinions are ever correct.

Surely you can see the difference.

Why would I go to the trouble to form an opinion, only to allow that it might be a mistaken one? When I form an opinion, by God, it's the correct opinion. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't have bothered to form that opinion.

It follows, then, that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. If they disagree with me a little bit, they're a little bit wrong. If they disagree with me a whole lot, they're a whole lot wrong.

And it's my duty, my solemn Provdential duty, to set them all straight.

And, when the world finally agrees with me about absolutely everything, it will be a better place.

At least for me.

JIM DOHERTY

      ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/sports;_ylt=At9_qDKvtAbMuh1G1SQtBI7ntAcJ