RARA-AVIS: Re: Chandler's The Lady in the Lake

From: Terry Bowman ( foolesgold@gmail.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2007

Jim said:

"Why would I go to the trouble to form an opinion, only to allow that it might be a mistaken one? When I form an opinion, by God, it's the correct opinion. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't have bothered to form that opinion.

It follows, then, that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. If they disagree with me a little bit, they're a little bit wrong. If they disagree with me a whole lot, they're a whole lot wrong.

And it's my duty, my solemn Provdential duty, to set them all straight."

Very Bush/Cheney way to look at things. I guess you've had a great last six + years.

Terry