RARA-AVIS: Types of noir (was Re: Pop. 1280)

From: Kat Richardson ( kathyr136@comcast.net)
Date: 19 Jul 2007

--- "Dave Zeltserman" <dz@...> wrote: His books fall into the following categories--psycho
> noir, standard noir, literary/crime novels where the hero
> perserveres, conman oriented, semi-autobiographical and two early
> Faulkner-like novels, Heed the Thunder and Now and on Earth, which
> are very good. My favorites of his pure noir....

---

Sorry to butt in and show my ignorance on a first date--err... post--I'm new and though I like hardboiled and noir, I'm not sure I know what all the shades of meaning in your list are. I get "lit/crime" and conman and semi-autobio, but can you break down the differences between "psycho-noir," "standard noir" and "pure noir" for me? I'm lost with these and I missed any helpful hints that might be posted elsewhere.
Thanks for your patience with this noob.
Kat