Re: RARA-AVIS: Female protagonists in hard-boiled fiction and roman noir

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Dec 2006

Amy wrote:

Although I've known about Vin Packer I've been avoiding her lesbian-themed books because I thought it might be more male fantasy rather than noir (I know, I know...making assumptions, ect).

********** Vin Packer has said that when she was asked to write a lesbian-themed book, there was no requirement other than that it end badly. Vin Packer is Marijane Meaker, longtime significant other to Patricia Highsmith. As a rule, I hate biographies of authors and avoid them like the plague, but she has written a good biography of Highsmith that I liked. It read like noir.

miker