RARA-AVIS: Charles Runyon and Fletcher Flora

From: ejgorman99@aol.com
Date: 18 Oct 2006

I'm writing introductions to the first Three-fer for Stark House--three Gold Medal books in a single trade pb for less than twenty dollars. Two of the books are slick but dark Park Avenue Tramp by Fletcher Flora and a stunning Jim Thompsonesque novel by Charles Runyon, The Prettiest Girl I Ever Killed. I'm having a problem gathering background info on these guys. I was supposed to hear from Mrs. Flora but none of my e mails have been returned. Barry Malzberg was kind enough to do a very entertaining and informative interview not only about being Runyon's agent but about the pb field in general. Still, if anybody knows anything about these men, please send it along. I'll see you get free copies of the book. We hope these three-fers are a success because if they are we'll be able to bring back a lot of fifties and sixties pbs that deserve reprinting. Three books in brand new, sturdy trade pbs instead of pricey used originals that tend to break apart as you read them. Thanks very much. Ed

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)