Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: noirs

From: William Denton ( wtd@pobox.com)
Date: 22 Mar 2006

On 22 March 2006, Robert Elkin wrote:

> "fact"?

Let's discuss the relation of hardboiled and noir to the Bible by considering it all as writing, and not getting distracted into, shall we say, debates about authorship.

Have their been any noir or HB works directly inspired by, or retelling, stories from the Bible? There must be some obvious ones, but off the top of my head I can't think of any. For ancient literature all I can think of is Willeford's COCKFIGHTER, which draws on on THE ODYSSEY.

Bill

--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : www.miskatonic.org : www.frbr.org