Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: noirs

From: Brandt Dodson ( bldodson@adelphia.net)
Date: 22 Mar 2006

Robert Elkin wrote,

> "fact"?

Yep. Sixty six books written over a span of 6000 years, that line up in sync. No contradictions. Yep. Over 300 predictions about Christ, written in books that predate his birth by four thousand years, and he fulfills everyone of them. Odds of that? Yep.

But, in response to Bill's question about noir writing that was inspired by or retells stories from the bible ... yes. After all, there are no "new" stories.(the Beverly Hillbillies and Crocodile Dundee are, essentially, the same story. Fish out of water)
 Since most stories in the bible center around sacrifice and redemption, we can find this to be a recurring theme in most ficiton, certainly along the lines were discussing.