Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Two for the Money

From: Robert Elkin ( rictusaporia@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Jul 2005

Cool--Now discussing the discussion of what's proper to be discussed, etc.

Re original thread--When contextualized, no problem exists. Lots of people love McDonald's, but wouldn't take a date there...Corolla a popular auto, but none visible in F1 races...Stephen King may be good entertainment for train or airplane rides, but never discussed seriously as a master of stylistics or characterization...etc....(Sad, though, when $$ becomes a justification for ANY non-monetary argument; and isn't that a message we find in "hardboiled" from RED HARVEST through A HELL OF A WOMAN and right up to WHITE JAZZ? The criminality of subsuming the human to the ruthlessness of capital?)

Ah, just a thought. Rob