RARA-AVIS: Higgins, Pelecanos, Price, The Wire... please recommend some writers

From: Robert Wheaton ( rwheaton@btinternet.com)
Date: 17 Dec 2004

Hi all,

I've just got through most of Pelecanos' books, and can feel the inevitable withdrawal symptoms coming when The Wire finishes its run this weekend.

I'm looking for something a bit like George V. Higgins's first books: something strongly dialogue-based, and something that is focused around the criminals (and, maybe, the police) rather than private investigators and the like. If the focus is modern and urban, so much the better -- I like Richard Price's books, for instance. I haven't read any of Dennis Lehane's books, but a quick browse today revealed that most of them are PI books, which for some reason doesn't appeal to me right now. I think I overdosed earlier this year.

Please recommend?

Thanks,

Rob

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar. Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free! http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM