Re: RARA-AVIS: VENGEANCE IS MINE

From: Chuck G. ( chgenoe2@prodigy.net)
Date: 02 Dec 2004

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "James R. Winter"
<winter_writes@e...> wrote:
  Anything that didn't fit the OZZIE AND HARRIETT,
> grey-flannel suit, duck-and-cover mold in this country was
regarded
> with fear and suspicion, which makes for an angry populace.

I would even say that it wasn't just fear that made people angry, but the repression they felt at having to adhere to this button down happy family image. They had to smile like Ozzy and Harriet, but what they really wanted to do was blow people away like Mike Hammer. I think Hammer provided a needed pressure release at the time. Of course now people will shoot you if you don't signal when you change lanes. Chuck