Re: RARA-AVIS: VENGEANCE IS MINE

From: Richard Moore ( moorich2@aol.com)
Date: 01 Dec 2004

The fifties didn't feel angry to me, a kid growing up in the south. We lived on a dirt road but the mail carrier got through on all but the muddiest days and so my Tarzan and Walt Disney comics were delivered. We had a TV that got all three channels and the plumbing was indoors. I had never seen, much less eaten a pizza but we raised cattle, turkeys, chickens, pigs, pidgeons, and now and then a goat. So I didn't go hungry. I've eaten many a pizza since those days but never again have I had a tongue sandwich like the ones mom sent me off to school with.

Yes, for a boy growing up in the south, the fifities were jes fine, thank you very much. Oh, maybe I should mention I'm white.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Jacques Debierue"