RARA-AVIS: 1940's recommendations ?

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 05 Nov 2002

I'm looking for some more stuff to read for the 1940's. Can anybody tell me anything about the following titles? Are they good or bad? Are some of them not hardboiled?

The Man with the Golden Arm, Algren 1949 The Neon Wilderness, Algren 1947 Deadlier Than the Male, Gunn 1942 Deadly Weapon, Wade Miller 1946 Stranger in Town, Howard Hunt 1947 Maelstrom, Hunt 1948 Bimini Run, Hunt 1949

Thanks, miker