RE: RARA-AVIS: "God's Little Acre" and "From Here to Eternity."

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 05 Nov 2002

Bludis Jack wrote: Did anybody ever notice that Pruett (do I have that right?) started to use the expression "As sure as God made little green apples" about halfway through "From Here to Eternity?"

I wonder if half-way through his writing of the book is when James Jones read "God's Little Acre," in which the old man used that expression constantly?

******** I don't know the answer, so I guess I'll ask another question. Is GOD'S LITTLE ACRE a good read after TOBACCO ROAD, or is it just more of the same?

Thanks, miker