Re: RARA-AVIS: New member

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 15 May 2002

In a message dated 5/14/02 6:37:23 PM, e_lynskey@yahoo.com writes:

<< Question: I checked out Robert B. Parker's "Savage Place"...is this a good starting point with his body of work? >>

Yes. IMO, any of the early books are fine "jumping in" points. It is difficult today to recapture the feeling of encountering Parker/Spenser when the series was brand new, the degree to which a devoted reader of PI mysteries recognized that he/she had come upon someone who was adopting the genre but striking out along a new path. I've been disappointed with all of the Parker books since "A Catskill Eagle," but the guy did some fine work and became a major influence on other mystery writers of his period.

                                    Jim Blue