RE: RARA-AVIS: New member

From: Anderson, Erick (ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@Nike.com)
Date: 15 May 2002

Welcome, Ed.

 Parker has a tendency to reference events and people from earlier stories
(beyond the obvious series characters), and I also found some growth in the writing and characters between the first book (Godwulf Manuscript) and the books that came after. Spenser's relationship with Susan and the introduction of Hawk I found best enjoyed chronologically, so in my personal opinion, I would read the books in order.That having been said, Savage Place is a good example of Parker's work, and would be a good one to figure out if you want to read the rest.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Erick