Re: RARA-AVIS: Guides Mea culpa

From: John Williams ( johnwilliams@ntlworld.com)
Date: 30 Jul 2001

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, Mario Taboada wrote:
>
> > Really, can you trust an encyclopedia of crime that omits
> > Willeford? That's like omitting Chandler or Hammett (I'm
> > talking about quality, not about sales or fame).
>
> Mario is referring to the St. James Guide to Crime and Mystery Writers.

Oh lord, it is time to come clean on this one. The reason the St James Guide has no entry on Willeford is because the idiot commissioned to write it
(i.e. me) missed his deadline. So heap all further calumny in my direction
(with maybe just a soupcon reserved for whoever it was decided to go ahead and print the thing anyway rather than give me a reminder).

so... um, sorry

John (his soul just a little bit lighter)