Re: RARA-AVIS: Guides Mea culpa

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 30 Jul 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, John Williams wrote:

> Oh lord, it is time to come clean on this one. The reason the St James Guide
> has no entry on Willeford is because the idiot commissioned to write it
> (i.e. me) missed his deadline. So heap all further calumny in my direction
> (with maybe just a soupcon reserved for whoever it was decided to go ahead
> and print the thing anyway rather than give me a reminder).

You're forgiven. Actually, I'm myself missing the deadline of my Willeford essay for the Finnish Whodunit Society's magazine. But as a sort of editor-in-chief myself, I should say that reminder should be fairly easy to drop. Maybe they didn't want Willeford there in the first place.

Have you written your piece? I think there are many of us here who would like to see it. If possible, you could send it to the list.

Juri