RARA-AVIS: Guns! Girls! Chases!

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 02 Mar 2001

I'm behind as usual and just now re-reading Richard S. Prather. The book I grabbed off a stack is The Case of the Vanishing Beauty, the first story involving Sheldon (Shell) Scott, and it has plenty of the elements mentioned in the Subject line above, which is probably why I'm enjoying it.
 And I'm just on page 50. Prather's sense of humor was already evident in this book, as was his way with a plot. At the Bouchercon in Baltimore a number of years ago, Prather said that he couldn't work without a complete outline. He didn't just outline the book; he outlined each chapter.

Bill Crider