Re: RARA-AVIS: New Hope for the Dead

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 12 Jan 2001

William Denton wrote:

> On 12 January 2001, Maura McMillan wrote:
> : how come no one's talking about the significance of heidi?
> I have no idea what it's about. Does it relate?

I don't know. It's been a long time since I read "New Hope" and I haven't read
"Heidi", but I know that it's a Swiss children's classic of a little girl living with his grand-dad in the Swiss mountains. Hey, wait a minute! That surely does relate! The books were written by Johanna Spyri in 1881. Little Heidi has also a goat. Later on she tackles with boys. Still later on, she moves to big city and, according to my references, gets nervous. There were many Heidi films, most notably with Shirley Temple in 1937, directed by Allan Dwan.

Juri