Re: RARA-AVIS: Practical tips from hardboiled dicks

From: James Rogers ( jetan@ionet.net)
Date: 06 Nov 2000

 Extracting confessions.

 Bind interrogant.

 Place plastic bag over head. Theirs, not yours. Don't worry, they usually won't expire unless they accidentally secure the bag at the bottom or gasp so hard that they secure the bag to their mouth. They will stifle, however, and start to panic. This part is actually true stuff. And I got a million more of these.

 Also don't let me forget "screen test" (also true), which I may have mentioned before:

  This is when a cop has a recalcitrant suspect in the back of his car with his hands cuffed behind his back. Cop speeds up and then abruptly hits the brakes. Suspect's face hits the screen between compartment and driver's space. Thus, "screen test". Quite a laugh.

                   James