RE: RARA-AVIS: Automotive Noir

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 15 Jul 2010

    Well, Ben Perkins did tool around in that Mustang with the glasspack exhaust. Was Key to Tulsa the basis of the movie of the same name? If so, I definitely don't see the Taxi Driver connection, had more to do with slumming Texas rich kids. It was just another post-Tarantino neo-noir, straight to video as far as I know. Of course, that's not necessarily the book's fault. Lots of mediocre movies have been made from very good books. Mark