Re: RARA-AVIS: Admin: Well, these Brewer openings are pretty peripheral to Rara-Avis's subject

From: Patrick Kennedy (pbjk2004@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: 30 May 2010

    Actually I was not so much offended as surprised.  Here we were discussing the literary merit of hardboiled fiction and defending it against mainstream all comers when along come these recommendations replete with excerpts from works that quite obviously are not part of the genre.  Not only that, but they are among the most godawfully badly written porn/erotica ever perpetrated.  Even the warning above the excerpts was a misnomer.  "Adult Content".  ADULT? Really?  Juvenile, more like. But that's just my probably over-sensitive two-cents worth.

    Patrick

    ________________________________ From: Todd Mason <foxbrick@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sun, 30 May, 2010 2:08:28 Subject: RARA-AVIS: Admin: Well, these Brewer openings are pretty peripheral to Rara-Avis's subject

      So, I'd like to know if anyone's offended or otherwise feels that this goes beyond the pale of our remit here.

    It is rather peripheral, at best, and could be delivered offlist, but I'm not offended myself...but am curious about a general sense of the membership here.

    Thanks.

    Todd Mason, co-conductor, Rara-Avis.