RARA-AVIS: Re: Block, McBain, Ross & John D.

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 07 Jan 2010

    Mario said:
    > Well, sometimes books age and styles age. Macdonald died a long time ago, and what seemed new, vital and "relevant" back then, may not seem so now.

    I read Macdonald long after I'd read many, many detective novels that owe much to his influence. This diluted the Macdonald books' effect on me quit a bit. I do not doubt that I would have loved them if I'd encountered them when they were new.

    This reminds me a bit of my younger brothers' taste in the music of their era.

    Chris